Copyright 2016 Racespeed Engineering.
Do I send you my standard Clutch Cover to engrave or is it a new one?
- We only supply brand new billet clutch covers. It would not be cost effective, beneficial nor possible to engrave a standard cast aluminium cover due to its painted finish and shape.
How do I get the correct design I want?
- After purchasing, each customer can email through with their design requirements. A 'design proof' will then be emailed back with an image of how it will look once being machined. Alterations can then be made until the customer is satisfied and the design can be engraved.
Can I have anything I want engraved?
- Yes, within reason. Any images, text or sponsor logos must be emailed through in vector format to be able to be added to the design (.ai, .pdf or .eps accepted).
Are they strong?
- All covers are CNC machined from a solid billet of 6061 T6 series (aircraft grade) aluminium and has been rigorously tested for over 5 years in World MXGP, British Championships and AMA races with 0 failures.
Can I have a different colour?
- The hardest coating available for our clutch covers is hard anodising which comes in dark grey/black. A normal, coloured anodised finish would not provide enough resistance from boot-wear.
How hard-wearing is the coating?
- This depends on how hard you ride and what conditions. A clutch cover subject to sand or deep mud will obviously show signs of wear quicker than a dry, hardpack track. Years of testing has given us a very strong coating that looks good and lasts much longer than the stock painted units or other aftermarket powdercoated clutch covers.
What are the benefits of running a Racespeed Clutch Cover?
- All covers are designed to hold more oil than stock, allowing the engine to run cooler. Due to the CNC machined construction (in comparison to the cast aluminium standard covers), they are 10x stronger than stock which can avoid costly DNF's mid race. Better heat dissipation is another added bonus.